Sunday, January 6, 2008

Great end to the year

Madeleine came home on Sunday, December 30th, as our New Years gift. Due to a complete lack of time, sleep, and everything else it seems, it has taken me a week to get on this blog to write the update. It has been everything we ever dreamed of, and way harder than we imagined. But.. worth every bit. They are both amazing, and we still can't believe we actually have them both here.

Here's a few pics of her and her brother....




Sam was here for New Years and LOVES his new siblings. He could not stop stroking and kissing them. He loves to stand at the crib and stare at them.



Don't know how often I will be updating this blog moving forward, what with the no sleeping thing :-). We would both like to thank everyone who read and posted here for us during this extremely difficult time for us. We could not have done this without all of your support. You have all been amazing.

Love from all of us
Abby, David, Dillon, Madeleine & Sam.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Made me cry...so happy to hear you have your family all together. What a great start to 2008. Can't wait to see you/meet you all.
xo Jill

Anonymous said...

Wow,
What complete heaven for you both!!
They are just adorable, talk about a lump in my throat don't know how you could go through a day without whelling up, just precious!!
Well you look fabulous Abby!!
Just can't wait to see you all!!
Much love
Larry & Kelly
xo xo xo xo xo

Anonymous said...

It's been a fantastic journey and I am so happy that everyone is healthy and happy and you guys are not getting any sleep. All the future scraps, broken bones, missed curfews, boyfriends, girlfriends, "the teens" will be nothing compared to what you have already been through together.
Congratulations !!

Love Roslyn

Anonymous said...

Omigod....I could hardly see their beautiful little faces through the tears! I am just so happy for all of you! With so much negative stuff on the news and in the papers, your wonderful little family is such a breath of fresh air!!! Sam is obviously going to be a devoted big brother....how cool for Dillon and Madeleine.
You've come through so much, losing a little sleep will be a breeze. Thankyou so much David for letting us be a part of your fantastic journey! And Ab, you've come through it as beautiful as ever! I'll be anxiously watching for updates but I do understand it will be a little difficult for a while. I'll be watching anyway!

Loads of Love and hugs and kisses to you all!
Lil XOX XOX

Jillian Kirby said...

Oh this is just such a happy ending to a great story (or should I say beginning!).
They are GORGEOUS!! And I can't hardly believe how big and alert they are! I've said it before but it's crazy how much Madeleine looks like such a girl and Dillon looks like such a boy and both still so little!

Thank you so much for sharing this all with us! We wish you and the whole family all the best in 2008!
Jillian and Family

Unknown said...

Great to hear you all rang in the new year together. I can only imagine how tired you guys are with twins, I thought having one baby was tough so I wish you all the best and it will only get better as they stretch out their feedings and sleeping. I lookign forward to meeting them in the spring time when we are back.

Take Care

Unknown said...

HI, I am a friend of a friends who has been following along..and I really hope you can update soon! haha.. I know you are probably so busy but i'd love to see how the twins are doing!!
Michelle